Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Gambling's for fools

Went for a night out at the greyhound stadium - had just about a good result as
Jemini by that I mean NIL Points. Not a single race won, the nearest we got was on the race we were all taking a break from, our friend Gem said "I think number 5 will win" and sure enough it did! Shame we didn't have any money on it! Not to worry, we were only betting on the Tote, minimum bet £1 so hardly breaking the bank. We stay away from the pit of 'real' bookies and punters out the front. Reminds me of the lyrics to that song by Motorhead ...

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't wanna live for ever,
And don't forget the joker!

Yeah - Whatever!


I don't even want to talk about the football result, jeez, I don't know. Tsk.


Anyway, better get back to some DIY, new bath needs fitting. Plenty of fun to be had... Hammer time!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dingleberry Delight said...

it was all a dream. we did beat france 2-1 !!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home